1. Download the Zotero desktop client at www.zotero.org/download.
2. Enable Zotero Connector for your Internet browser (available for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) also at www.zotero.org/download. The Connector is not currently available in Safari 13.
3. Create a free Zotero account online at www.zotero.org/user/register.
4. After creating your Zotero account, open the Zotero desktop client.
5. Then open the Zotero Preferences menu by clicking on "Edit" and then clicking on "Preferences".
6. Then click on the "Sync" tab. Enter your Zotero username and password.
This LibGuide was developed, with permission, from the Michigan State University Zotero LibGuide and the "Migrating Citations from RefWorks to Zotero" page of the University of Minnesota RefWorks Transition website.