1. Login to your Zotero account.
2. Click on the "File" drop-down menu, and then click on "Import."
3. When prompted with a pop-up that asks, "Where do you want to import from?," select the default (only) option, "A file (BibTeX, RIS, Zotero RDF, etc.)."
4. Select the RIS or TXT file you downloaded from RefWorks from on your desktop.
5. You will be given the option to either copy the files to Zotero or link to them in RefWorks. Select the default "Copy files to the Zotero storage folder."
6. These references exported from RefWorks will now appear in a new collection in your Zotero account.
7. Click on the "folder" icon if you need to create a new collection.
This LibGuide was developed, with permission, from the Michigan State University Zotero LibGuide and the "Migrating Citations from RefWorks to Zotero" page of the University of Minnesota RefWorks Transition website.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. For details and exceptions, see the Library Copyright Statement.
© 2016-22 The University of Texas at Arlington.
University of Texas Arlington Libraries
702 Planetarium Place · Arlington, TX 76019 · 817-272-3000