1. Upon opening your word processor, either Microsoft Word (pictured), Word for Mac, or LibreOffice, navigate to the Zotero tab.
2. To add a citation, click the “Add/Edit Citation” button.
3. Confirm your citation style and (most importantly) confirm if you wish to use footnotes, endnotes, or inline citations.
4. Use the Zotero search bar that pops up to find one of your saved citations by author, title, date, or other metadata field.
5. Click the desired citation from the drop-down menu that appears.
6. Click the enter button on your keyboard to add the citation.
This LibGuide was developed, with permission, from the Michigan State University Zotero LibGuide and the "Migrating Citations from RefWorks to Zotero" page of the University of Minnesota RefWorks Transition website.