1) Click on the image above to access Google Scholar.
2) Click on the three lines in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
3) Select Advanced Search.
4) Enter your search terms. If you know the author's name, search in the author field (Return articles authored by). If you haven't selected a theory or author, use topical terms. Need help creating your search strategy?
5) Modify the dates to include only those years you would like to search. This can be very useful in finding older sources in which original theories were first published.
6) When you find an article or book and want to read the full text, click on Library Links from the menu that appears by clicking the three lines in the upper left-hand corner. If Library Links isn't there, use this guide to set up Library Links for University of Texas at Arlington.
After enabling Library Links, some of the search results will have a link to Find it @ UTA. This links directly to that article in a UTA database.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. For details and exceptions, see the Library Copyright Statement.
© 2016-22 The University of Texas at Arlington.
University of Texas Arlington Libraries
702 Planetarium Place · Arlington, TX 76019 · 817-272-3000