Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide is intended as a tool to assist students working on research assignments in KINE 3351 classes.
Use the free Chrome plug in to check grammar, spelling, usage, and vocabulary. You can also download the free Microsoft Office plug in, which will do advanced writing checks in Microsoft Word.
- Go to Grammarly.com in the Chrome browser
- Select the "Get Grammarly: It's Free" button.
- Add the Chrome Extension.
- Once this is downloaded, you will be asked to create a free account. Use any email address--you do not need to use your NetID.
- Finally, you will be taken to a screen where you can upload your document for review by the Grammarly program.
- Any formatting you've done will be lost, so wait until after you've run your paper through Grammarly to format your paper.
- You also have the option to download an MS Office plugin on this page, so you can check your writing in MS Word.
- Grammarly is a computer program, not a human reviewer.