It’s important to ask questions of any Web site that you plan to use in your research.
Here are some to start with:
- Who published or authored this page ?
- Can you verify the author’s or creator’s credentials ?
- Is the author’s information listed ?
- Is the information on the page current ?
- When was the last time it was revised ?
- Are sources on the site documented ?
- Is this organization’s Web site suitable or qualified to address the topic at hand ?
- Is this organization’s Web site promoting a certain agenda?
- Are you getting balanced information ?
- Does this Web site belong to someone’s personal account rather than an organization ?
- Are there links to additional, reliable resources for the topic ?
- If statistics are given, are the source of the statistics given as well ?