Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
RefWorks is an online tool that allows users to collect, store, share and manage reference information. UT Arlington Libraries subscribes to RefWorks for the UTA community.
- create your own database of references
- great way to organize your references in folders or subfolders by:
- group projects
- import references from article databases and from the Web
- provides links back to the databases or a pdf file.
- generate in-text citations and bibliographies (Work cited or References)
- RefWorks helps you cite your sources, however, you should always double check and make sure the citation information is correct. (capitalization, spelling, spacing)
Write-n-Cite is a MS Word plugin that allows you to create in-text citations, footnotes and bibliographies in a variety of citation styles for your papers.
Save to Refworks - optional feature for capturing bibliographic information from web pages. Must have RefWorks open for this tool to work effectively.
A Group Code is needed to download the special tools from off campus. Get Group Code
Introduction to RefWorks *
Date: September 13, 2018
Where: Central Library, room 315A
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Instructor: Martin Wallace
* Please bring your personal laptop
RefWorks and Write-n-Cite (pdf)
This is a PowerPoint example of how these two work together.