Fall 2019 Training and Workshop Schedule
The Data Analysis and Visualization (DAVis) workshop series provides students, faculty, and staff with opportunities to learn about digital tools and techniques for working with various types of data.
- Introduction to GIS using ArcGIS Desktop:
Sep 5 and again on Oct 24, 1:30pm - 3pm. Central Library dataCAVE.
Must attend with a laptop with ArcGIS installed. For a license key, email dataCAVE@uta.edu.
- Workshops on use of Statistical Tools:
These workshops are taught by Dr. John Connolly, statistical services manager within OIT.
- Introduction to SPSS
Sep 12 , 1:30pm - 3pm. Central Library room B20 (in the basement)
- Introduction to R / RStudio - you must bring a laptop with R & RStudio installed.
Sep 26, 1:30pm - 3pm. Central Library dataCAVE (in the basement)
- Introduction to SAS - you must bring a laptop with SAS installed. Email dataCAVE@uta.edu for
Oct 17, 1:30pm - 3pm. Central Library dataCAVE (in the basement)
- SOFTWARE CARPENTRY Workshop:
Learn programming languages used for data science (e.g., Python, Git). This workshop is for those with zero prior experience, but please attend if you would like to reinforce your knowledge in these areas.
Sep 7 & 14, 8am - 5pm. Central Library, 6th floor.
Registration required: https://utacarpentries.github.io/2019-09-07-UTA. You must bring a laptop with all the software downloaded beforehand.
- Database Programming in Python:
Oct 3, 1:30pm -3:00pm. Central Library dataCAVE (in the basement)
- ABCs of DMPs: Introduction to Creating Efficient Data Management Plans
Oct 10 1:30pm -2:30pm. Central Library, room 315A
- Spooky Intro to Tableau:
Oct 31 1:30pm -2:30pm. Central Library dataCAVE (in the basement)
- Introduction to Git and GitHub:
Nov 07 1:30pm -3:00pm. Central Library dataCAVE (in the basement)
For more workshops, events, activities, and services offered by the Division of Scholarly Communication, visit library.uta.edu/scholcomm.