By the end of this session, students will be able to:
- identify a literature review in a scholarly manuscript and understand its purpose
- find help for composing a literature review on their thesis/dissertation topic, including samples of MSE literature reviews
- find relevant scholarly literature databases for conducting a literature review on their topic
- organize their research into a citation management tool such as RefWorks
- understand legal and ethical issues surrounding copyright, plagiarism and properly citing others' work
While the instructor hopes to expose students to scholarly databases during this session, we will not cover database searching in this session. Please contact your subject librarian to make an appointment if you would like in-depth assistance with database searching.