1. Login to your RefWorks account.
2. Locate and click on the folder you wish to export to Zotero.
3. Click on the "Share" drop-down menu, and from the options select "Export references".
4. In the resulting pop-up box, you will be asked to choose the Format for the export. Select "RIS Format". Click on the blue "Export" button.
5. In a pop-up, an RIS file will then be available to open. This will look just like downloading a PDF or an image from the Internet.
6. Save the RIS file on your desktop and name it to match your RefWorks folder.
This LibGuide was developed, with permission, from the Michigan State University Zotero LibGuide and the "Migrating Citations from RefWorks to Zotero" page of the University of Minnesota RefWorks Transition website.