1. Login to your RefWorks account.
2. Locate and click on the folder you wish to export to Zotero.
3. Click on the "References" drop-down menu, and from the options select "Export".
4. In the resulting pop-up box, you will be asked to choose the Export Format. Select the default "Bibliographic Software (EndNote,Reference Manager,ProCite)". Click on the "Export References" button.
5. In a new tab or new window, a TXT file will then be available to open. This will look like raw text. (You may have to allow popup windows from RefWorks).
6. Right click on your mouse and "Save Page As" to save the TXT file on your desktop. Name it to match your RefWorks folder.
This LibGuide was developed, with permission, from the Michigan State University Zotero LibGuide and the "Migrating Citations from RefWorks to Zotero" page of the University of Minnesota RefWorks Transition website.