Google (and Google Scholar) Yourself.
View how your professional profile and scholarship are seen online via the most-used search engine.
Google your name (hint: if you have a common name, you may want to also Google your affiliation with UTA, or any other institutions along with it). Record the different places you appear and note which results come up first (LinkedIn, UTA website, etc). Are these sites up-to-date? What could be improved? What results do you wish would rise to the top?
Freely available databases sometimes provide citation counts. The most popular of these is Google Scholar. Do the same as instructed above. How many citations do you have for each publication? Are your articles easy to find? Are they accessible in full-text? For more information on linking Google Scholar to UTA see http://libguides.uta.edu/googlescholar
Need (Don't Have) a Google Scholar Profile?
Creating and maintaining a Google Scholar Profile can increase the status and reach of your scholarship and research. You can check who is citing your publications, graph citations over time, and compute several citation metrics.
- Create or sign in to your Google account to set up your Author Profile. Google recommends using a personal account so that your profile is independent from your institutional account. Note that accounts and email addresses are different. You will need to use your official UTA email in your profile since Google Scholar requires valid university email addresses.
- Add your articles to your profile (or skip this step and do it later).
- Choose or decline automatic updating.
- Click the "Go to my profile" button.
- Your profile will default to private. Click the "Make it public" link to change the status. You can change the status at any time by clicking the "Edit" button and checking/unchecking the "Make my profile public" box.
Now you're ready to explore and review your citations! And don't forget to update your profile regularly. See Google Scholar Citations for detailed setup instructions and further information.