Implementation will go more smoothly if you have a strong sense of your readiness.
- If you want to customize the look and feel of your site, you will need to be comfortable with editing CSS and HTML.
- If you have staff predesignated to serve as journal managers, editors, copyeditors, layout editors and reviewers.
- If you are moving from print to digital publishing, you will need to build a plan for communicating the changes to your subscribers.
- If you have content hosted on another platform or back files in PDF format, it is possible to import the files. We can provide guidance on batch processing if you have a large number of files. Batch processing requires familiarity with XML.
- If you are new to journal publishing, you will need to allow extra time to become familiar with managing the review process.
The more complex your setup, the more planning and time you will need to invest.