What is Transfer Pricing?
According to A To Z World Trade, Transfer Pricing is the setting or adjusting of prices for goods or services between units of the same organization in order to take advantage of different tax rates in different countries.
This guide will be an introduction to Transfer Pricing resources available for UTA students enrolled in ACCT 5392 or ECON 5391 in order to support and enhance their learning. Through use of this Transfer Pricing Guide combined with a business librarian's class presentation and/or an appointment with a business librarian:
- Students will be able to explore Transfer Pricing resources
- Students will learn how to keep up with trends and new developments in a complex subject area in order to achieve success in their course work and future employment.
- Students will become familiar with resources such as:
- Bloomberg BNA Tax Management Library
- International Portfolios
- Transfer Pricing Portfolios
- Legal resources from a database called NexisUni
- Websites related to Transfer Pricing
- Article databases, such as Business Source Complete, Wiley Online Library, SpringerLink, Factiva, and more
- Various industry resources, such as IBISworld, Plunketts, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- Students will also learn about various searching techniques such as: using the search box on the UTA Libraries home page to find other resources. For example, if an article title is known, sometimes a quick way to find the article online is to copy and paste the title of the article into the universal search box
- Students will learn that sometimes searching an article database is better than using the search box on the UTA Libraries' home page.
- Students will also learn about the E-Journals link from the Libraries' home page to locate articles within specific journals.
- Students will also learn about E-Reserves and E-Books and how to access them.
- Students will become aware that they can request a book or article from Interlibrary Loan if we do not have access from UTA Libraries' resources..