Users can manually key in references into their RefWorks account.
NOTE: Make sure to check the accurary of your reference.
Most of our databases allow a direct export to RefWorks. Look for the Export function after doing a search.
An Individual Export from EBSCOhost Databases
NOTE: Make sure to log into RefWorks before exporting a record.
Direct Export from EBSCOhost Databases
RefWorks allows you to import references directly from journal article databases into your RefWorks account.
3. Click Folder box toward the top right side of the screen to view you saved results.
4. Select the results and Click Export on the right side of the page.
5. Check Direct Export to RefWorks under Save citations to a file formatted for: then click Save button.
6. Click the Save button again if you had to allow pop-ups.
7. RefWorks will open in a new window (Note: If you are not currently logged into RefWorks, you will be asked to login.)
8. The references you exported will appear in your Last Imported Folder.
NOTE: You will have to tell your browser to allow pop-up windows if you have a pop-up blocker activated!
Direct Export from NCBI Databases
RefWorks allows you to import references from a file download in these databases.
Watch this video to learn how to export from databases like PubMed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv-u614ASH8