Create a RefWorks Account
1. From the Library home page http://www.uta.edu/library select “Databases A-Z”
2. Click the letter “R”
3. Scroll to "RefWorks 3 (New)," click on the link.
4. Enter your UTA email address in the box, click "Check."
5. On the "Good News..." page "Create a password" that is easy to remember!
For example: your pet's name or a favorite baseball team, high school mascot or etc.)
6. Click the “Sign Up" button.
7. You will receive a confirmation e-mail from ProQuest RefWorks.
Create a RefWorks Folder
Instructions for Downloading Write-N-Cite from Home
Some databases (such as Factiva) do not provide exporting capabilities of citations into RefWorks. In these instances you will need to manually enter the information in to RefWorks using the "Add a New" reference option.
Exercise: Use the article below to manually insert a citation into RefWorks.
Save References on the Web is an optional feature used to capture bibliographic information from web pages and directly import into RefWorks.
Exercise: Capture & import the "The Industrial Revolution" webpage information from Teacherlink.org into RefWorks.
Exercise: Use the online catalog to find Industrial Revolution in America edited by Kevin Hillstrom and import the book citation into RefWorks.