Create a RefWorks Account
1. From the Library home page http://library.uta.edu select “Databases A-Z”
2. Click the letter “R”
3. Scroll to "RefWorks," click on the link
4. Click the "Sign Up for a New Account."
5. Fill out the form. Create a username and password that is easy to remember!
For example: The Username could be your last name,
and the Password could be your pet's name.
6. Click the “Create Account” button in lower right corner.
7. You will receive a confirmation e-mail from RefWorks.
Create a RefWorks Folder
1. Within RefWorks, click on “New Folder” button (gray-upper left area).
2. Name it “Practice-RefWorks” or “Industrial Revolution” (our Mock Paper topic).
3. Click the “Create” button.
Instructions for Downloading Write-N-Cite from Home
1. Within RefWorks, click on “Tools”
2. Click on “Write-N-Cite”
3. Follow the instructions for downloading Write-N-Cite III for Windows or Mac
4. You will need the UT Arlington Group Code to download the "Write-N-Cite" plug-in
5. The Group code is located at: http://www.uta.edu/library/databases/index.php
6. Use your NetID information to access the password page.
Exercise: Use the catalog to find Industrial Revolution in America edited by Kevin Hillstrom.
Import the book citation into RefWorks.
1. Once you locate the book information, click the "title link" to open the catalog record.
2. Next, click the "Export to RefWorks/Endnote" link located on the right side of the page.
3. Select the SAVE option in the File Download box, when the "Save As" box appears,
save the file to the desktop. Leave the file type alone (RIS file).
4. Next, open RefWorks.
5. Select "Import" from the Reference button menu.
6. "Import Filter/Data Source" need to be RIS Format.
7. "Database menu" change to RIS Format.
8. Select "Text File:" Click the Browse button and locate the Book.ris file on the desktop.
9. "Import to a file:" Select the folder where you want to put the citation.
10. Click the "Import" button.
11. File will be imported into the designated folder.