Before starting to search an article database for articles on your topic some thought should be put into what you need for the research assignment or project. This planning will help save time and provide more relevant search results. The list of suggestions below is meant as a guide to help you plan your research project.
- Do you need up-to-date information?
- Are you limited to a specific time period?
- Create a list of "keywords" that are important for your topic.
- Create a list of synonyns or other words that suggest the same meaning
- Think about ways to combine the words: AND searches for both words and will narrow the search results while an OR search broadens the search results
- Once you perform your search - review the results.
- Like the results? If not try changing your keywords or limit your keywords to the title field.
- If you are using Business Source Complete you can check the Subject area (left side of the page) for other keyword or subject terms